4 February 2020 : Australia, with its 12 confirmed cases of the 2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) is listed as one of the 25 countries that are required to undergo medical examination by a Registered Medical Practitioner within (3) days before arrival in Samoa. This medical clearance is required for check-in prior to the issuing of boarding passes.
In the latest Health Travel Advisory issued by the Government of Samoa on 4 February 2020,
ALL TRAVELLERS ENTERING SAMOA MUST NOTE THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS:
1. A Special Health Declaration Form is required to be filled out by all travelling passengers inflight or on arrival in to Samoa.
2. Compulsory screening of all arriving passengers to Samoa is now in effect at all ports of entry.
3. All Travelers originating FROM or TRANSITING through;
(a) Mainland CHINA,
(b) HONG KONG
Must spend at least 14 days self-quarantine at country of last port that is free of the 2019 Novel Coronavirus and must undergo medical clearance within (3) days prior to final route to Samoa. This must be their final stop before travelling to Samoa.
In the event you arrive within the 14 day period as noted above, You will be Returned to the country of last Port before arrival in to Samoa.
4. ALL Travellers Originating From or Transiting Through the listed countries and States in the table below are required to undergo medical examination by a Registered Medical Practitioner within (3) days before ARRIVAL. This medical clearance is required for check-in prior to issuing of boarding passes.
|Germany||10||United Arab Emirates||5||Spain||1|
|USA- Specifically travelling from (California, Washington, Arizona, Illinois, Massachusetts)||11||Canada||4||Sri Lanka||1|
5. Updated lists will be available every 2 days on the Government of Samoa and Samoa Ministry of Health websites.
6. All sea port entries will be screened at the quarantine buoy before the vessel docks at the wharf.
All TRAVELLERS OUT OF SAMOA:
1. It is strongly recommended that all persons intending to travel to China and any country affected by the 2019 Novel Coronavirus postpone their travel arrangements unless necessary.
2. Be aware of the signs and symptoms of 2019 Novel Coronavirus which include: fever, cough, shortness of breath and breathing difficulties
3. Preventive measures should be adhered to at all times in the event that travel cannot be postponed.
More from ALL FEATURED LOABAY SAMOA-PACIFC NEWSLINE
17 Setema 2020; Ua toe tu’uina atu nei i le aso 28 o le masina lenei o Setema le fofogaina …
Friday 18 September 2020 ; A shipment of U.S. government-funded medical supplies takes to the water this afternoon bound for …
$66.3milionaSAT : Penisione, pisinisi tumaoti, Soifua Maloloina; nisi o le a faamanuiaina Polokalame Fesoasoani a le Malo
7 Aperila 2020 : I taualumaga faapitoa na feagai ma le Palemene ile aso Lua, 7 Aperila 2020, sa fofogaina …