(MINISTRY OF JUSTICE AND COURTS ADMINISTRATION); Mrs. Moliei Simi Vaai CEO Ministry of Justice and Courts Administration (MJCA) and Secretary to the Judicial Service Commission (JSC) confirms that;
1. Further to the suspension of the three LTC judges namely Deputy President Sevealii Panapa Vee, Senior Judge Lavea Siaosi Hazelman and Judge Nanai Pologa Ioane, the Judicial Complaints Committee (JCC) has completed its investigation and presented its final report to the Chairman and members of the JSC.
2. At its meeting on Thursday, 24 October 2019, the JSC finalised its decision based on findings and recommendations of the JCC in its report.
3. His Highness, the Head of State at the advice of the JSC signed and endorsed the decision to complete this matter on Monday, 28 October 2019.
4. The decision is as follows:
a. Sevealii Panapa Vee’s appointment as a Samoan Judge and Deputy President of the Lands and Titles Court is revoked under s29(4) and s27(2) of the LTC Act 1981. His service is permanently terminated.
b. Nanai Pologa Ioane’s appointment as a Samoan Judge of the Lands and Titles Court and as a Faamasino Fesoasoani of the Samoa District Court is revoked under s29(4) of the LTC Act 1981 and s10(3) of the District Courts Act 2016 respectively. His service is permanently terminated.
c. Lavea Siaosi Hazelman’s appointment as Samoan Judge of the Lands and Titles Court is reinstated under s29(1) of the LTC Act 1981 until his term of office expires on 23 December 2019 with no extension thereafter.
5. All Judges were served with the above decision yesterday, 28 October 2019.
More from ALL FEATURED LOABAY SAMOA-PACIFC NEWSLINE
17 Setema 2020; Ua toe tu’uina atu nei i le aso 28 o le masina lenei o Setema le fofogaina …
Friday 18 September 2020 ; A shipment of U.S. government-funded medical supplies takes to the water this afternoon bound for …
$66.3milionaSAT : Penisione, pisinisi tumaoti, Soifua Maloloina; nisi o le a faamanuiaina Polokalame Fesoasoani a le Malo
7 Aperila 2020 : I taualumaga faapitoa na feagai ma le Palemene ile aso Lua, 7 Aperila 2020, sa fofogaina …